[biz-nis uh-tahyuh r]
Professional dress on a daily basis where a suit is expected. Fabrications include wool, tweed, or linen in a structured, tailored and fitted style. Colors are neutral with black, and navy being the most used.
- For men: A suit where the jacket matches the pant with a proper collared shirt and tie. A pair of oxfords will seal the deal. Accessories may include a structured briefcase, pocket square, and belt.
- For women: A suit where the jacket matches the pant or skirt. A dress in suit fabrication is also acceptable for women as long as it is knee length. Classic pumps required. Accessories may include minimal jewelry, structured purse or briefcase, hosiery and a silk scarf.
- For gender neutral: A matching suit in neutral color, with a flat shoe.
- Modifier adjective: professional attire, business informal
- “Looking sharp and feeling good in her proper business attire, she impressed the investors.”